India, 2022:HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, a leading general insurance company of India, launches a pioneering feature of a premium payment option in installments for its Optima Secure Health Insurance Plan. With the introduction of this feature, the Company aims to make health insurance more affordable and convenient for customers, further driving insurance inclusion to a larger base of customers.
The primary new features of the Optima Secure plan include:
- Installment option for premium payment: Offers monthly, quarterly and half-yearly premium payment modes at no additional financial charges
- No room rent capping: Allows customers to select the hospital room of their choice
- Deductible buy-back: Empowers customers with an easy switch option that allows them to waive their opted deductible at renewal after the completion of five policy years
Speaking at the launch of new features, Parthanil Ghosh, President – Of retail Business, HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, said, “At HDFC ERGO, it has always been our endeavour to come up with affordable and customer-centric insurance solutions to address the needs of all sections of our fellow citizens. The new features of the Optima Secure plan will allow the customer to decide on type of hospital room, change of deductible option and pay the premium in interest-free installments. We believe that the new installment feature of our Optima Secure plan will make health insurance affordable to a wider base of customers who wants to increase their Sum Insured or to purchase a multiple-year plan and thereby help in driving the larger agenda of insurance included in the country.”
Optima Secure health Insurance plan comes with four unique benefits- Secure, Plus, Protect and Unlimited Restore, which are builtin to offer guaranteed coverage for individuals and their family members against medical exigencies.
The four distinct features are:
- Secure Benefit – Doubles the insurance cover instantly and automatically on the purchase of the policy
- Plus benefit – Increases the base coverage automatically by 50% after 1 year and 100% after 2 years, even if there is a claim
- Unlimited Restore Benefit(add-on cover) – Restores the base coverage by up to 100% unlimited time if the policyholder runs out of coverage
- Protect benefit – Ensures zero deduction on listed non-medical expenses including consumables
The product also offers discounts on premium up to 50%, should customers choose to pay a small amount from their pocket in the event of a claim.
Leave a Reply