need for intense hydration & ingredient specific solutions becomes imperative. To keep up with the seasonal changes, here are some amazing skin care tips that will help you keep your skin glowing, healthy, and moisturized during transitions!
- Cleanse your skin: The first step towards healthy skin, especially with changing seasons is cleansing. As an important step in any skincare routine, cleansing increases the effectiveness of other skincare products by getting rid of dead skin cells from the skin’s surface and preparing for better absorption.
- Add serum to your skincare routine – Irrespective of the season, it is important to hydrate and nourish the skin. Considering that a serum has better penetration into the skin than an average cream or moisturizer, it delivers an extremely high concentration of active ingredients that helps improve hydration levels from the inside-out. It also re-adjusts the excess sebum on the face to make the skin look healthy and well-moisturized. Serums are the route to soft, supple and hydrated skin.
- Cost Benefit – Serum is a multi-purpose product that eliminates the need for hydrators, moisturizers, lotions and cold-creams, in those with normal skin. This single product helps with a host of skin care issues like fighting dullness and dryness, combating acne, acne spots and pigmentation, giving your skin a healthy and hydrated look. It is recommended to use a face serum at least twice a day to maximize its beauty potential. Charmis Deep Radiance Face Serum is Dermatologist and Clinically tested to offer specific skin benefits of Hydrated Clear Radiance. It goes 15 layers deep into the skin with potent ingredients of Vitamin C, Hyaluronic Acid and Salicylic Acid. Available for INR 210/-
- Lock it with a moisturiser: Post serum application, it is imperative to use a light, gel-based moisturizer (or a soft cream), enriched with natural skin soothers and instantly boost the moisture reserve. Opting for a light, bouncy cream containing antioxidants like vitamin C and saffron extracts acts as a powerhouse combating the ill effects of seasonal changes and enabling the skin to glow naturally.
- Finish up with sunscreen: It has been reiterated countless times and yet bears repetition that a sunscreen is very important to use throughout the year, in every season, and in all kinds of weather conditions whether you are staying in or going out. Post moisturising, it is important to apply sunscreen with SPF protection. Continuous application every 4 hours is necessary for optimum protection.
Dr Aparna Santhanam, Skin Expert on ITC Charmis says, “It is important to adapt your skincare routine to suit the season and apply solutions that are made with efficacious formulations to help hydrate and nourish the skin. I recommend opting for a light weight face serum and a deep nourishing moisturiser, a combination that can serve as a multi-purpose product that hydrates, exfoliates and nourishes the skin without making it itchy, sticky or super dry. These multi-purpose products apart from being lightweight in texture are convenient to apply and easily portable.”
Just by adhering to these simple steps, you are all set to enjoy all the season without slipping or falling behind on your skin care routine!!